I’m still going

1 Jun

I’ve been asked many times lately if I’m still going. Due to the political climate, the riots and the possibility that I might not be able to get insurance, I briefly considered changing to another destination. I decided on Vietnam as my alternate. I emailed the program director in Thailand to get his take on the situation and he reassured me that I would be safe as long as I was smart and careful. That, along with my youthful delusion of invincibility, has given me the courage to brave the protesters. Also, my lazy nature made me reluctant to make all the arrangements required to switch locations.
Anyway, the trip is still most definitely on. I leave 4 weeks from tomorrow. Stay tune for more updates as I get closer to leaving.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: